Friday, July 18, 2008

Precious Puppies...hmmm


After many discussions, Erik and I are now on a puppy prowl. I know are we crazy? We both love love love dogs but I have to admit, it's a bit scary and fun at the same time!

I am trying to push for a non-shedding dog but this is the picture that I get today at work from Eriks lunch hour adventure....I think he's up to something. Don't you! Those are little baby golden retrievers right there...aren't they adorable? Check out Erik's face. It's saying "Come on please????" I think they are adorable and everyone says that they are the best family dog to have and are VERY loyal. But they do shed a lot and Erik calls me today and tells me he is just going to go "look" at them..we all know what that means!
We both understand that owning a dog is a huge commitment and we are so busy right now because, well, we can be! These particular pups are only 3 weeks old and we wouldn't be able to take one home for a month yet so that works out great. I can finish my night classes and have nights free to play and train, although I do know that it takes more than nights but you know what i mean! OH my my my..decisions. We might just be adding to the family this weekend. I really thought the roles were going to be reversed in this whole puppy planning process but Erik is like a little kid in a candy store. I love it!

3 comments:

Jayme said...

oh go on and get one!! dogs are great friends and they are always SO happy to see you when you get home! we are actually tossing the idea around of getting another dog, boston terrier friend for vinny. dan is not to sure about it cause yes, they are a lot of work, potty training and such, but once you get past that it's not that bad. i think a golden is a fine choice of dog......perhaps we can meet the little one at Christmas when we get home....wink wink!

Jenna said...

how exciting!! i can't wait for the day when i can get a dog. can't wait to see which one you get!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you have a blog now. Tell the rest of the "fam" to start too so I can keep up with everyone.